Tuesday 30 August 2011

The 40 minute adoption

Speechless.  It is highly ironic that I have formulated the strength to blog about this episode.  I even said previously that it would take Brooke and Julian 40 minutes to adopt a child.  I didn't realise it was so easy.  Really, one should urge the writers of One Tree Hill to advise all those desperate want to be parents across the world that it only takes one day.  You just go and meet a pregnant girl, lie during an interview, then allow her to have your home address so that she can bring round some cookies and meet your friends and discover your lies, then allow her to leave for a short time to mull over the relatively minor decision of giving up her child, and then allow her back just before bedtime to confirm that the child will be yours upon birthing.  FML.  How insulting.  I mean did they actually consider that a real person who was undergoing such a sensitive ordeal as adoption, would go home after their first meeting, and jump on the bed shouting "i'm getting a baby, i'm getting a baby".  Christ almighty.

This episode's only saving grace was that Hayley decided to refer to the near drowning of her son, best friend and her partner.  It has only been 4 episodes without mentioning the storm episode.  Hayley decided to thank Brooke for the feat of saving her son's life (even though it was Julian) conveniently in front of the potential birth mother, making Brooke seem perfect, in spite of the many flaws revealed moments before.  I of course presume this is what Hayley was referring to, although it is entirely likely that past heroics to save Jamie Scott by Brooke Davis have simply slipped my mind.

I do not like the ugly Nathan Scott of baseball, he is a jerk.  Why would anyone sign him?  He clearly is lacking practically all of the qualities required of a professional sportsman.  I do enjoy however that Nathan's college life appears to have taken a back step.  Perhaps that was just too boring to continue further.

I almost cut myself when I saw Quinn having flashbacks of the weird heaven-like garden that she and Clay decided to visit when they were half dead.  Why was that necessary?  I had presumed that Clay would propose there and then, but obviously that was just too predictable.  The proposal must be days away now.

Considering One Tree Hill is meant to be a teen drama, it lacks a considerable amount of drama.  It is boring and predictable, yet somehow addictive.  If someone has actually read this attempt at a blog, I do believe to date 4 people have had the pleasure, they may wonder why I watch it.  This question I cannot answer, I feel like it still has something good to give, but is just currently failing on all fronts.  We shall see.

Ta la x





No comments:

Post a Comment