Wednesday 31 August 2011

Waaaaaaaahey

A twist.  Two in fact!  They did come in separate episodes, as individually they were far too boring to be written about in separate entities.  Therefore I decided to create a superblog. Lol.   I was most delighted, and actually punched my fist in the air with elation when the second twist arrived.

First twist being that the Nathan Scott of Baseball was the man who knocked the car into the river.  I had incorrectly, although in light of recent predictability, entirely reasonably assumed it was Chase, as there have been several shots of him drinking recently.  I also wondered if it was going to be the annoying child's alcoholic mother.  I'm glad that it was who it is though.  Will Nathan give him a chance or will he ruin him like he deserves to be ruined?  I presume that One Tree Hill's obsession with morality will ensure that the Nathan Scott of baseball pays for what he has done.  Hear hear!

In the birthing episode, they went for the classic flashback style.  I quite enjoyed this, as it reminded me of the days when One Tree Hill was actually good.  From the start I had hoped that one of several situations would arise - that Hayley would die, that the baby would die, that Brooke's baby would be an ethnic minority or that  the girl would decide not to give up her child.  My dream was in fact that Mouth would be run over by a steam roller, but that was probably too much to wish for and also slightly irrelevant.  The last one, arguably the most likely, happened.  I was pleased it did, as I enjoy watching the suffering more than the joy.  Poor Brooke and Julian, they were so close to the most ridiculously easy adoption in history, only to have it snatched from them at the final moments.  Oh well, I'm sure she will either miraculously become pregnant or get a child soon enough.  I also enjoyed how she held Hayley's baby whilst suppressing her pain.  Well done Brooke.

Jamie Scott's weird narration was also highly unnecessary and irrelevant.  I do not care about how many babies are born daily.  I do not watch One Tree Hill to find out such information.

Finally, I keep forgetting to do this but the theme tunes are deteriorating at a rate of knots.  Every episode has a different one.  This one was a nice little grunge number.  I'm sure Gavin de Graw or whatever his name is will not be content.  Maybe they are going to bring out a One Tree Hill Season 8 theme tunes album.  I will not be buying it, nor should anyone.  They'll be lucky if anyone buys the box set.

Ta la x

No comments:

Post a Comment